[ENH+BUG+FIX] VM Memory Management Within Image

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Tue Jun 8 05:17:31 UTC 1999

The recording of the actual memory needed if all bitmaps were to be
unhibernated is an excellent idea, but I'm pleased to note that all the
non-Mac platforms that I know of do not need the 'reserved memory' stuff.
Only MacOS has that particular form of dementia, something I've never
understood; it's not like they couldn't fix it pretty simply now that all
the machines have pretty sophisticated MMUs!

tim

--
Useful random insult:- One chip short of a megabyte.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)