Screen shots for Squeak.org

Lawson English english at primenet.com
Sat Jun 19 21:28:17 UTC 1999

Stephen Pair <spair at advantive.com>

>In my opinion, the ultra customizability of the UI for Squeak will
>ultimately be one of it's greatest attractions.  Heck, some people may
want
>all of their windows cocked at a 10 degree angle.

One thing missing from all the current graphics engines is the ability to
apply perspective. I have a rough idea how to do it*, but I'm not sure how
useable it would be in Squeak without creating C-primitives that support
it.

However, it if IS doable, it would certainly make Squeak more powerful than
anything else out there.

*cache the line-segments of a bezier path as it would be drawn without
perspective, and then apply the perspective to each line segment. This
strategy works well, but probably requires efficient (C-based) access to
the cached info in order to run in real-time.