Modules for Squeak, was: (Re: [Newbie Q] COM, beans, and Squeak)

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 23 19:59:46 UTC 1999

There are a number of interested parties- my own approach,
evolving as we speak, is partially described at:

http://www.canis.uiuc.edu/~tyrrell/Squeak/Personal/Oasis/index.html

The description is actually very sparse, I really need to update
this.  Oasis, like most of what I do, is written for VisualWorks.
However, it is not UI-dependent so I don't anticipate much difficulty
in porting it to Squeak.  I'm close to finishing up one of the
analysis tools in Oasis, so perhaps I can get something decent
written about it in the near future- the current description
of Oasis is very inadequate.  Basically, given some arbitrarily
huge chunk of code, Oasis tears it apart and builds a number
of useful analytical models that I can then browse ( but without
a UI at this time ).