Obsolete classes question

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Jun 9 23:13:02 UTC 1999

>I'd like to know what is the standard way of dealing with the following
>situation: I renamed a class a couple of times and now methods that
>used to reference it reference AnObsolete...  I know I should recompile
>those methods, but is there a standard way of hunting them down and
>recompiling them?

Juan -

Simply type 'obsolete' somewhere, select it and type cmd-shift-w (or use edit menu/more/selectors containing it).

This will pop up a browser with 4 or 5 methods, including
	SystemDictionary>>browseObsoleteReferences

Select this method, and you will find in quotes an example invocation,
	"Smalltalk browseObsoleteReferences"

Double-click just inside the comment quotes to select the phrase, and type cmd-d to do it.

This should pop up a browser on every method that refers to an obsolete class.

Hope this helps.

	- Dan

PS to all, especially newbies.  Squeak is quite good at searching itself for relevant words and phrases.  When looking for a feature you think should be there, it is ALWAYS worth trying, at least cmd-sh-w and cmd-sh-e.