FMP, the game

Peter Novak pno at whitestein.com
Tue Jun 29 14:10:54 UTC 1999

Hi Bob,
now it's  okay. Torsten Bergman helped me. My first mistake was (and
it's
the error message "subscript is out of bounds: 4294967296") that I had
display
depth set on 32 bits. After I set it to 8 bits, it was okay. And my
second mistake
was, that I tried to evaluate "FMPWindow open" in standard MVC. I
catched error
message: ""Message not understood: addMorph:". But after opening fresh
new
Morphic project and evaluation of "FMPWindow open" it was okay.
Thanx to Torsten's advice. Now I am going to have some fun with your
cool game
;->

peter.

Bob Arning wrote:

>  On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:35:40 +0200 Peter Novak <pno at whitestein.com> wrote:
>  >I tried to play with your game but after evaluating
>  >"FMPWindow open" I got the error message
>  >"subscript is out of bounds: 4294967296". Can you tell me what to do
>  >to start playing your game succesfully?
>
>  Hi Peter,
>
>  Yours is the first report of a problem, but I will be happy to try
>to figure it out. Could you send me the SqueakDebug.log? That might
>offer more clues. It is interesting that the subscript in error = 2
>raisedTo: 32. I wonder if this could be some big/little-endian thing
>(FMP was written on a Mac). Anyway, a few more details might help.
>
>  Cheers,
>  Bob

Attachment converted: Anon:pno.vcf 2 (TEXT/R*ch) (0000AD56)