Scamper woes - was: genuine squeak newbie

Bolot Kerimbaev bolot at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 22 00:44:12 UTC 1999

Scamper already looks at the response code, and completely ignores the
human readable comment (because Scamper is not a human).

I've looked at the problem, and it appears it's due to the web server's
non-compliance with HTTP RFC (I still need to check more). RFC specifies
CRLF to be the end of line marker (inside header, and for separator
between header/footer - double CRLF). However,the server seems to be
sending UNIX EOL character.

Netscape/IE are probably more forgiving (and thus non-compliant) to this
and many other issues.

Bolot