Garbage Collection catch-22 with blocks

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 11:47:25 UTC 1999

Marcel,

I'm tempted to agree with you. I was implementing this for compatibility
with another events system. I'm not sure if blocks are evil, but what is
evil is the way they are not encapsulated. Hanging onto variables from the
home context etc. Why not just have clean blocks with their own variables
etc? Then you can treat them as true objects.