[ENH] Menu stuff

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Tue Jun 15 03:04:12 UTC 1999

Hi

While everyone's posting really cool additions to the Squeak GUI (graded
title bars are excellent - but I'm not a big fan of the 3D look :) I
thought I'd add a very small package I've had lying around for a bit.

It does a couple of things

(1) Change the way menus work, so that menus items are proper alignment
morphs, and can display pictures as well as text

(2) Create a global IconLibrary, which associates image morphs with symbols.

(3) Everytime a menu is displayed, if there is an associated image morph,
that is used.

(It also implements a small PopupSelectorMorph like Bob's version in his UI
stuff)

Important - don't have any open menus when you file this in!  Also, the
change set looks for the two sample gifs (for #accept and #cancel) in the
folder where the Squeak image is.  Once you've filed it in, try editing
some text, and you should see icons in front of the accept and cancel
options.

Have fun...

:)
Russell

Attachment converted: Anon:icons.zip (PKz1/PKz1) (0000ABEA)
Russell Allen

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com