[ALL] Lobbying - Smalltalk KILLER APP!

Jarvis, Robert P. Jarvisb at timken.com
Wed Jun 30 11:36:48 UTC 1999

Truly compiled lightweight threads would indeed be faster than interpreted
threads, but perhaps interpreted threads would be "fast enough".  Given that
you're slowed to network speeds anyway (consider that a T1 is relatively
slow compared to bus speeds, which are relatively slow compared to internal
processor speeds) I think that the issue becomes one of responding to
multiple requests "fast enough".

Bob Jarvis
The Timken Company