Intro To Programming

David Mitchell dmmitchell at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 25 02:36:42 UTC 1999

I couldn't really get into this one. (If I am thinking of the same book, I
remember it was large format, black, with legos for the cover art. I read it
twice because I thought so much of OOP (and his Object Oriented Analysis
work) and I thought I must be missing something. It was lent to me by a
friend who was doing more full-time circles-and-arrows (read: modeling) than
working in front of an image. He really liked it so I guess it just comes
down to differnt styles and approaches. It didn't feel like a Patterns work
at all. (The way Gang of Four, Smalltalk Companion, Beck, and Analysis
Patterns all do to me -- despite their divergent writing styles.)