Steps to Modularity - Projects and History [long]

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at mail.netsurf.de
Sat Mar 20 11:22:14 UTC 1999

Dan,

>Pure Projects
>First of all, let's make projects be free from side-effects.  We should
>be able to consider them as "getting a new sheet of paper" or "starting
>a new version of Squeak"

I don't understand why you not just run two Squeak's simultaneous.  But I
think, I just misunderstood you.  Shall moving from one project to another
(with the old project still open) really undo all changes of the first one
(it would be impossible to use one project to inspect another one for
example)?  Then both projects actually don't know of each other and you
could really use two Squeak programs running at the same time.

>In the case of crashes, it should be possible to replay everything up to
>the state before the crash by reasserting all events in order.

But be careful not to automatically replay that what caused the crash :-)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  ...and now something completely different