Playing with Morphic-Components

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Thu Mar 18 17:13:35 UTC 1999

A while ago, I had written:
>ObSqueak: Anyone out there got the Morphic protoFabrik thingies to work? I
>seem to be having trouble reproducing "Play-With-Me-6" here- my Components
>being rather bodiless (and no Pins either)
>I *know* it's pre-alpha, but PWM-6 does work, doesn't it? Any hints/clues?

To answer my own question, it was actually quite easy once I did it right. :)

All I needed was a ComponentLayout (from the NewMorph... menu or a
StandardPartsBin) to place them on. Once I had that, dropping
PrintComponents, ListComponents and FunctionComponents, and wiring them
(press shift over a Pin to start wiring) was easy and fun. (Very much so!)

This is great stuff to play with, definitely recommended. Next, I will try
to make a few Components of my own, maybe for MIDI processing or circuit
simulation (poor man's INSIST).

So- Is anyone else out here playing with Components?

Cheers,
Helge