Squeak on Linux Console, Linux being rewritten in Squeak (Re

Kevin Fisher kfisher at rim.net
Thu Mar 18 12:02:58 UTC 1999

On 18-Mar-99 Iannis Zannos wrote:
>>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 6:46 PM:
>
>>My linux server is quite inexpensive and has simple purposes such LAN
>>management, some servers such FTP, Web and Mail but it is a mere 486 DX4
>>100 with 8 megs RAM/500 megs HDD (which is fine for *most* tasks I need).
>
> Squeak instead of XWindows on Linux IS very interesting.
> Anybody doing this?

Not sure, but I remember someone posting here about a GGI port of
Squeak...anyone know anything more about this?  GGI is a very good thing...  a
GGI-enabled Squeak would take care of non-X-enabled machines AND X-enabled
machines in one fell swoop...heck, if you built it with the AAlib target, you
could theoretically ASCII-ize the entire Squeak UI.