Squeak newsgroup ?

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 18 19:32:00 UTC 1999

HELP -- The mailing list is simply getting too high-traffic for anyone
who uses email for professional use. I'd *beg* the community to either:

a) Split the mailing list into several topics (as was already done for
squeak-annc, which most folks seem to have forgotten). I'd suggest
sub-lists such as squeak-language, squeak.VM, squeak,design,
squeak.apps, squeak.long-winded, and alt.squeak.off-topic.

b) Find/build an alternative to "push" email, either better web-based
pages with notification or something else. The mail archives at UIUC
would be really useful if there were links to easily get to the last "X"
days/hours worth of traffic.

c) Be *much* more conservative about posting to the list so we keep the
traffic to a dozen messages a day or less (taking more verbose
discussions to another mailing list).

*Please* let's try to find some alternative to sign-off for those of us
who don't want to simply filter the entire newsgroup into a folder that
grows so fast it scares us away from even approaching it...

--
stp

Stephen Travis Pope | stp at create.ucsb.edu |
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp