Squeak newsgroup ?

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Thu Mar 18 21:50:58 UTC 1999

On 3/17/99 10:36:47 AM EST, chrisn at Kronos.com writes: << If you want to use
the Squeak mailing list as a newsgroup, simply unsubscribe from it.  You can
read all of the messages at this handy archive:

http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/Server.home

This is wonderful!   I suggest others look at it also. I have made it a habit
to keep up with primary mail archive at

http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/squeak/

but I don't think this primary archive is structured nearly as nice as the
site Chris has pointed out (I was particularly impressed by the ability to
pull up submissions by author--check out your own; maybe you will agree).

I think some of us have been amazed at how this mailing list has become a
primary source vehicle for "research" questions on the Smalltalk arena and
associated topics. I think it is fulfilling a function which eclipses its
original intent magnificently.

If you want to separate your mail, use a different account address. Anyone can
get a userid at yahoo.com or hotmail.com (etc.) if other alternatives are
limited.

Jerry Archibald
System Objectives