Steps to Modularity

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 15 19:17:45 UTC 1999

Dan,

After reading your descriptions I am mostly enthusiastic, but there
is at least one thing that I object to- identifying Projects with
their user interfaces.  I often find that I like to have multiple
views onto a given problem, and that is how I usually use the project
feature.  Also, whatever the state of the user interface, I prefer
the notion that if I am working on system x then my changes to that
system are identified with that system, and not a particular user
interface configuration.  Mainly, this means that I wish to work
on system x without first having to change to a particular UI
state in which I have access to system x's change set.

Thanks!

les