Morphic Trashcan & Halo Remove (and some misc. ???)

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Fri Mar 19 15:28:24 UTC 1999

Hi Folks.

I've been playing around with the latest changes to Squeak 2.3+ (pretty cool
BTW) and I discovered that if I accidentally (I'm quite clumsy) click on the
white halo circle (remove) for a morphic widget it gets removed (as the
balloon help suggests it should).

Question:  Why doesn't the removed widget go into the trash can I placed on
my tableau?  Should it?

I find that it is entirely too easy to accidentally remove a widget, esp. if
it's halo is small (I've had to start over a few times because of a stray
mouse click).

Just a thought.

---==> Chris

PS>  Can anybody explain to me what the "transform" halo is?  Some morphic
widgets apparently have them, but others don't.  When I try to adjust the
size of the transform halo, nothing seems to happen.

PPS>  I have had some fundamental problems understanding Morphic.  Does
anybody have a recently updated web page that describes (in a more or less
procedural fashion) how to wire up a simple application (with more than one
widget tied together) for Morphic that I can look over?  Thanks!!!