Why so few binary method selectors? Because they're bad!

Ian Trudel ian at monk.cgocable.ca
Tue Mar 16 22:25:00 UTC 1999

I think it's a great idea. Though maybe I would keep binary selectors for
special objects such as Integer, Float and stuff.. just matter to keep a
mathematical similarity.

			Ian

----------
: De : Reinier van Loon <R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net>
: A : squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
: Objet : Re: Why so few binary method selectors? Because they're bad!
: Date : mardi 16 mars 1999 15:40
:
: >down, let me ask the group a question. If we could have long binary
: >method selectors, what would be the first one you would define, and what
: >would it do? Best regards. -- Ward
: None.
:
: I think binary selectors make code harder to read.
: I'm still having troubles explaining == and = to people.
: sameAs: and equals: would have been better IMHO.
:
: The other problem with binary selectors is that they might get multiple
: meanings.
:
: Reinier.