Complex

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Tue Mar 23 17:59:23 UTC 1999

>> Where can I pick up a Complex number class for Squeak?  Was this in the
>> updates since 2.3 (haven't gotten them - the firewall is my shepherd, I
>> shall be safe no matter what)?
>
>I've search a such thing but without success. I am actually programming my
>own complex class, I'm not sure it will be complete enough to be usefull,
>but I can send you the newest version of it.

My sense is that Slawick wants to do this anyway for his own education.  However, I'm pretty sure there was a Complex class as part of the double-dispatch number package on the UIUC server.  I think something done with the Squeak's new coercions will turn out a good bit cleaner, but I think that package was well done, so you would probably find some useful ideas there for producing a finished job.

	- Dan