[ENH] Browser category enhancements

Ivan Tomek ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca
Tue Mar 9 16:17:39 UTC 1999

I apologize for not having time to implement the following suggestion
but let me raise it for consideration:

I have implemented in VW a modification of the browser to show class
hierarchy as a list rather than a text view. The list is expandable and
collapsible so that I can see only the part of the hierarchy that I want
to see. Moreover, I can also directly switch to browse any class
selected in the list.
I find this useful because deep class hierarchies are difficult to read
(see Collection) and because I often use the hierarchy to trace the
hierarchy tree, looking at superclasses and subclasses, often in
different categories.

Ivan Tomek,
Jodrey School of Computer Science
Acadia University