Squeak newsgroup ?

Joshua Marker lux at umich.edu
Wed Mar 17 16:54:52 UTC 1999

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Peter Crowther wrote:
> > I prefer it this way. Maybe we can have a tutorial on how to
> > filter mail with procmail and other common mail packages. . . .
>
> Not all of us live on UNIX boxes with their elegant filtering --- for
> example, Outlook 97 can't filter mail at all without assistance from
> Exchange, and even Outlook 98 with Exchange doesn't handle From: properly,
> so you need rules for all the different things people call the Squeak
> mailing list if you want them moved to the correct folder.

	Yeah, well, let's not go down the road to discussing THAT package!

	How about the prepending of [ST] or [Sq] to every message? Most
packages allow subject line filtering. This should be easy to implement -
I don't know what software hosts Squeak-list, but most of them do this.
Some more intelligently than others. What does one think of that?

> I'm certainly not proposing to remove the mailing list, but a 'pull' service
> rather than a 'push' service for the list could be a good idea.

	I *love* watching conversations on this list in near-real-time. It
gives me something to do instead of writing papers. . . . Don't take that
away from me!

--- Joshua (lux)  * Kalamazoo: 616 / 337.7479
Sorting out my life. . . .in O(n lg n).
"Dancing is the vertical expression of a perpendicular desire."
---