Anyone making end-user programs with Squeak?

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz at munich.netsurf.de
Fri Mar 5 19:39:18 UTC 1999

William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> Chris Grindstaff wrote:
> >
> > As much as I hate to admit it I think this is a problem with the version
> > of Netscape that I'm using to DL the file with.  When I use IE it works
> > fine.  Sad but true.

I had experiences with NS doing some rather odd things with binary data.
I can't recall the exact circumstances, but they had to do with HTTP vs.
FTP download, file extension vs. content type. My first guess would be
that it's a HTTP download and the server is announcing the file as
http/text or whatever, which NS takes too literally. (IOW try to host is
via an FTP server.)
The problem may also be related to NS version. I haven't had this
particular problem for several months now.

Regards,
Joachim
--
Please don't send unsolicited ads.