Protypes and Self and Squeak (was RE: Browsers)

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Fri Mar 19 01:39:44 UTC 1999

I am very interested in playing with these prototypes.
I would like to know how prototypes delegate to
'super'. Do they have a reference to the
object they were cloned from like self prototypes (parent?).

for eg, a prototype might want its initialize method to be:
initialize
    parent initialize.
    this := that etc.

Does the prototype handle calls to super in the expected
manner??