Has anyone built a vanilla VM on Mac from 2.3

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at launchpados.com
Mon Mar 29 19:40:53 UTC 1999

>Has any one built a vanilla PPC VM on a Mac directly
>from the 2.3 image sources, using Code Warrior3.2 or newer?
>
>I just did that, in anticipation of some fiddling with the
>VM, and found 3 small items (1 and 3 may be related).
>
>1. There is a reference to a constant, 'kCurrentFragArch' which
>doesn't seem to be in any of the header files.

Change it to "kCompiledCFragArch"

>2. There is an 'long' variable named 'junk' in the sound support
>file, which the compiler thinks should be 'unsigned long'.

Make the change:

Delay(1, (unsigned long *)&junk);

>After making changes to the source support files with my fingers
>for these two items, I get a useable VM to link, but then:
>
>3. The named plugin mechanism seems to have trouble finding
>the VM file itself as a plug in source.

In the "Edit:SqueakPPC Settings...", select "Linker:PPC PEF" and set the
Fragment Name to "SqueakVMPrims".  This is the fragment name the external
primitive mechanism wants for internalized named primitives.

You may also need to make the PBxxxAsync calls get recognized in
"sqMacAsyncFilePrims.c".  The best way to do this is to insert the lines:

#undef OLDROUTINELOCATIONS
#define OLDROUTINELOCATIONS 1

just before the inclusion of <Files.h>.  This will have to be fixed in a
bette way in the long run - I believe these particular calls are being
replaced.

Good luck!

Duane Maxwell         dmaxwell (at) launchpados.com
CTO                      http://www.launchpados.com
Launchpad, Inc.                 (619) 578-8500 x226

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
    and not necessarily that of Launchpad, Inc.