OS X Server (Darwin) Goes Open Source!!!!

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Sun Mar 21 03:43:25 UTC 1999

Hi,

There are many concerns with the Apple Public Source Licence. Some even
question if it should be called "OpenSource" at all!
http://linuxtoday.com/stories/4179.html

They also have just released Unix related source code. They have, not yet
anyway, released any source for the NSFoundation or NSAppKit Objective-C
Framework Libraries - the real heart or crown jewels of
NextStep/OpenStep/MacOSX. I guess they are testing the waters and a release
of these might follow?

How specifically do you think the Squeak Licence should be adjusted?

All the best,

Peter W. Lount