Small test images wanted (and a bug report)

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Mon Mar 8 15:47:30 UTC 1999

  Hi.

> I'm debugging a new VM.  It should work with existing
> images, but I'd rather simulate it with a small test
> image than with a full-size one.  I haven't worked out
> what to clamp with the SystemTracer, so I'm going to
> take the lazy way out and ask the list...

  I have one.  It is based on 2.3 highest update 659 and
with no obsolete classess.  (It is a really tedious task to
remove all references to the obsolete classes.)  You can get
the image from:

  http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/shrink/Shrunk.image.

  If you want to do the shrinking by yourself, get the files
from the directory, invoke Squeak with the image named
Shrink.image, and do-it the contents of the workspace.

  I noticed a bug which I should have reported.  The
SystemTracer works fine as long as there are no obsolete
classes.  If there is one, the class field of cloned class
object remains Unassigned.

  The main problem is SystemDictionary>>allBehaviorsDo:
doen't see the obsolete classes.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology