LinuxPPC Squeak

Joshua Gargus gargus at ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 5 16:27:32 UTC 1999

Oops.  I replied to Dick last night, but neglected to send the email
to the list as well.

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> Hi, Dick -
>
> > Has anyone compiled the Linux 2.3 Squeak sources for LinuxPPC (4.1)?
>
> At last - an accomplice with which to accomplish fiendish
> complicities! ;-)

Oooh!  Fiendish!

> I run Linux-PMac 4.1 at home.  I'll build the binary tonight
> (unforseen friday night social events notwithstanding ;)

Unless anyone else needs the binary, you can probably go out and have
fun instead, since I already mailed it to Dick.

<time warp>

Oops, I just read ahead in my mail.  Looks like your Friday night is
blown with all the other Linux/PPC Squeakers piping up ;-)

> and upload it
> to the FTP site.  (I stopped putting it in the distributions a while
> ago, as I seemed to be alone in running Squeak on Linux/PPC.)

Looks like there are several others.

BTW, I built J2 for Linux/PPC as well.  It works great; my bytecodes/sec
go from ~12 500 000 to ~13 500 000, and my message sends go from
~540000 to ~910000.  Thanks, Ian!

One other thing... has anyone had any problems running Squeak with
Windowmaker 0.20.x (Intel Linux too).  I upgraded to 0.50.2, and
everything is fine.  For the longest time, I thought it had to do
with libraries I've upgraded or kernels I've compiled.

Bye,
Josh