Reality Check -- Silly Question.

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Tue Mar 9 01:40:30 UTC 1999

I'm not sure that things have always been this way, or if I'm just
mind blocking what's wrong:

	When I Squeak along on my iMac at 8 bit screen depth (with
Machine set at zillions of colors for screen display), highlighting
of the left-button menu shows a nice dark blue text over a light
pink.  Likewise in the browser, there is a pleasing light colored
background highlighting for selected text.

	Then, I set things at 32 bit or 16 bit screen depth, and all
of a sudden  the highlighting (in MVC) gets way ugly.  Menus go black
on white.  Text in the main browser is a whitish on a dark, dark blue
-- seriously ugly.

	Have things changed overnight, has it always been this way,
or am I missing something fundamentally simple?

Sorry about the silly question.