entao

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 4 19:38:05 UTC 1999

David Farber <dfarber at numenor.com> wrote:

> thoughts:
> i'm certain i've seen both of these questions discussed if not
answered on
> the squeak list. the problem is that so much info flows through the
list
> that it takes quite a bit of time to find even messages that i've
posted,
> much less information that i only vaguely recall seeing. obviously,
this is
> where the swiki pages would be ideal--they are the perfect place for
> information to accumulate. unfortunately (and this is just my
impression, i
> could be off here) it seems to me that the swiki pages aren't really
living
> up to their potential. i think the problem is very much a social one;
the
> technology is there, but it really hasn't been integrated into our
> community. is anyone else feeling the same way? any ideas or thoughts
on how
> we might change this?

Okay, I just added the CrLfFileStream question to the FAQ.  I'm not sure
how to phrase the "question" part, but I took a stab at it.

Anyway, maybe we should expand the "questioner fills in the FAQ policy"
by making a habit of politely asking people to do so whenever someone
responds to something that should be an FAQ.  I know I did this when
answering someone's question about proxy Web servers, and they didn't
seem to mind at all doing the legwork.

Lex