building things for both Morphic and MVC

Michael Rutenberg mdr at scn.org
Wed Mar 24 20:59:33 UTC 1999

I made some low-level changes to Celeste to ensure it is more robust across snapshots.  Those (somewhat window system dependent) changes work fine in MVC, and I did not even think to test them in Morphic (since I mostly live in MVC land).

We are living through a slow transition from MVC to Morphic, and I am wondering a bit what the parameters are.

Is it worth fixing the remaining second order bugs in MVC (such as the FormViewer doing weird scaling when the picture is too large to fit normally on the display) when they work properly in Morphic?

When I do new mini-functionality, such as an address book for Celeste, how important is it that it runs in both MVC and Morphic, rather than just Morphic?

Just curious what people's thoughts are...

Mike