Why so few binary method selectors?

Iannis Zannos iani at sim.spk-berlin.de
Mon Mar 22 09:51:37 UTC 1999

Both @ and @@ are also used in SuperCollider,
a Smalltalk-kind-of object oriented system for
real time sound sythesis on the mac
http://www.audiosynth.com/

>I like it. (Incidentally, I know of only one other language that
>exploits @ being pronounced as "at".)

Which language do you have in mind?

>The wrapping process is not really part of the indexing IMHO. The idiom

well, it just is damn useful in the above-mentioned
context (sound synth etc).  If you leave it out
in a release you are bound to have just about every
user extend the system in his own way to provide
wrapping because they will use it all the time.
Plus, there is a number of very basic classes
for music / sound processing that make heavy
use of wrapping, so you cant do without it.

Regards,

Iannis Zannos
SIM
Tiergartenstr. 1,