Squeak Speaks -- what about listening?

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Mon May 24 15:12:52 UTC 1999

Stephen Travis Pope wrote:

> The port of rsynth is indeed impressive -- thank you to Luciano and
> Hans-Martin!
>
> Does anybody out there have any plans for porting some kind of speech
> *input* framework? I know that there was a Smalltalk interface to the
> Chant speech recognizer, and an interface to Sphinx a while back...

Stephen,

If you hear anything about this that doesn't show up on the mailing list,
please let me know. For the last couple of years, I have dreamed of
putting a speech recognition engine into the Smalltalk IDE. Then we can
call it "JustTalk" or in the case of Squeak, maybe "Speak".

--
Travis Griggs (a.k.a. Lord of the Fries)
Member, Fraven Skreiggs Software Collective