update 1164

Scott.Wallace at disney.com Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Sun May 2 05:05:49 UTC 1999

 At 5:34 PM -0700 5/1/99, Richard L. Peskin wrote:>

I get a "selector changed" error when tring to load update
>"1164projectFlapPref-sw " into 2.4b. Has anyone else encountered this?
>--dick peskin

Dick,

I've tried to reproduce this error by updating while in an mvc project, updating while in a morphic project, updating while flaps are showing, updating while flaps are not showing, etc., but haven't encountered the error.

In trying to track down this problem, it would help to find out just which method was being recompiled (presumably some method in class Project) when the error happens, so, if you would, please try to load updates afresh and when you bump into the "selector changed" problem again, bring up the debugger, and take a look at the method which felt the error, which should be Behavior.recompile:from:, and see what the value of the "selector" and "oldClass" parameters are, and also evaluate "methodNode selector" in that method.

A stack dump (i.e. the .debug file) might also be useful, as well as any additional information you can provide that might help explain what's different between your environment and the environments of those who don't experience the problem.

With this additional info (and also reports from others who may run into the same problem) hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.

  -- Scott