Naive question - Communicating between multiple images

Bolot Kerimbaev bolot at cc.gatech.edu
Thu May 13 23:27:28 UTC 1999

You should be able to specify 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the host
name (or ip). Thus, no code changes will be necessary.

You may want to look at SmartRefStream and HTTPSocket - you can send
objects over, without having to invent a protocol.

I'm redesigning PWS to allow a greater degree of pluggability: namely,
you'll be able to POST various formats, not only form data (regular and
multipart). For example, you may want to post something in XML or Squeak
SmartRefStream. Currently, PWS tries to parse it as form data.

Could you provide some details about your application? I'm interested in
creating some fairly generic support for distributed applications, and
would like to cover several basic and not-so-basic cases.

--
Bolot Kerimbaev
College of Computing