sticky input focus

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri May 7 15:28:23 UTC 1999

On Fri, 7 May 1999 09:17:58 -0500 shaping at bigfoot.com wrote:
>I habitually throw the mouse a
>little out of the way when I move back to the keyboard, in order that the
>mouse cursor not visually distort characters typed into an input field.  I'm
>throwing the mouse a little far, and have to reform my motor habits.  The
>overthrow is easy because I can at current gain move the cursor across a 17"
>screen with about 3 cm of mouse movement.

That's a long-standing problem for me, too. Many Mac programs make the mouse pointer disappear once one starts to type - it reappears as soon as the mouse moves a bit. When I did some Windows work a few years ago, I *learned* to throw the mouse so I could see what I was typing. Continuing that in Squeak causes much typing going nowhere. I think I will experiment with hiding the cursor so I can *unlearn* the venerable mouse throw.

Cheers,
Bob