WeakArray and triggering events....

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Fri May 21 06:16:29 UTC 1999

Finally,

My squeak image is running merrily in the background, doing
lots of event triggering and shunting messages everywhere.
The event system seems to be working, thanks to the help
of Bob Arning and Andreas.
I fixed the synchronization as suggested, by subclassing
WeakRegistry, and making nearly all access via the
protected: block semaphore.
Now I can create a stream of publishers and subscribers,
run them in a process,
and these will be automatically garbage collected, with
no apparent synchronization problems.

The only time problems occur is when I break out of
loops and the FinalizationProcess is broken (could
this be fixed by the exception mechanism of Tim?)

I will tidy up the code and post a change set soon for
anyone interested in VW-style triggers.

Thanks again...

Peter