(BUG?) morphic click down

Don Charnley charnley at interval.com
Mon May 3 16:37:51 UTC 1999

Hi,

  This issue seems a little specific for this group, and maybe someone can
shed some light on it.

  I have a morphic application with several layers of morphs present.
When I start it, all works well, and clicks (mouseDown) are received by the
target morph, which is inside another morph.

  If I then change the focus to another window, say a browser, and then
return to the application, subsequent clicks are not passed through to the
target morph.  I can tell this by inserting halts in the mouseDown routine
in the target.  Of course, the handlesMouseDown always returns true.

  Anyone have clues what I might be doing wrong, or a way to fix this.  It
would appear to be a side effect of something, and I can't tell what.

  As far as I can tell, I am not manipulating any of the morphic structures
or instance variables with my own code.

    don