size of interp.c

Ian Trudel ian at monk.cgocable.ca
Sat May 8 19:09:32 UTC 1999

: -----Original Message-----
: From: agree at carltonfields.com [mailto:agree at carltonfields.com]
: Sent: 8 mai, 1999 14:43
: To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
: Subject: RE: size of interp.c

[ snipped some interesting stuff ]

:
: Now, all that being said, I see no reason why the Smalltalk
: Cgenerator cannot do this for us automatically, perhaps by having a
:
: 	self file: 'filename.c'
:
: which adds a new filename to a list and, upon translation writes
: preambles to all of the files on the list, but writes the
: translated procedure only to the specified files, or to the
: default.  This would permit rudimentary 'modularizing' for the
: purposes we describe here.
:

Yes, I agree on this. Something along what you are talking about would be
very nice. I don't like having to back and forth all the time in one _huge_
file. Maybe each file could be prefixed by something like vmXXXX.c, where
XXXX is the module name.

[ snip snip again ]

Ian