Messaging vs. subroutines (Re: Thinking about a better UI)

agree at carltonfields.com agree at carltonfields.com
Mon May 17 16:00:28 UTC 1999

Joachim writes:
> Marcel Weiher wrote:

> Well, a coroutine has some similarities, but it's purpose is quite
> different, so I consider them different.

Joachim has already conceded in earlier posting the existence of differences and different concepts.  Here is another such concession.  Since Smalltalk methods *are* coroutines, capable of fully handing off computations and controlling concurrency between them with substantial generality, aren't they therefor "different" from subroutines, even in Joachim's argot?