Yes! Acorn dynamically loadable plugins!

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Fri May 21 15:15:24 UTC 1999

Tim,

This is terrific! I know how painful this can be. I had to
really struggle to get it working on the Mac. There, the
situation was especially annoying because the 68K didn't
originally support dynamic linking. It was added to the 68K
as an afterthought, but there are all sorts of complications
such as not being able to build a "fat" (68K and PPC)
DLL. Since the VM it itself a DLL, that means we can
no longer have a single "fat" Squeak VM. And, of course,
it is hard to discover what you need to know by reading
the documentation...

Anyhow, I'm glad you drove through your RiscOS difficulties
and got it working. Congratulations!

	-- John