Runtime package

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Thu May 6 22:13:10 UTC 1999

Hi,

The problem with the approach described below is that it's just for the
Mac. A more general solution would be in keeping with Squeaks cross
platform portability. I wonder if it's possible for a general solution or
if each platform needs it's own specific solution (much like the
FileDirectory class hierarchy) wrapped in an abstract class.

The other issue is creating a "script" that removes all unwanted components
(like the development environment) from Squeak and then setting up your
"application object" to launch once Squeak has loaded.

Peter William Lount
peter at smalltalk.org
http://www.smalltalk.org