Naive question - Communicating between multiple images

Jerome Garcia Jerome.Garcia at wj.com
Thu May 13 23:12:20 UTC 1999

     Please forgive my lack of familarity with sockets in the following
     question.

     I would like to write a distributed application in which two or more
     images communicate via sockets across a network. However, I would also
     like to be able to run all the images of the application and have them
     communicate via the same socket code on a machine (NT) which is not
     networked. Is this possible? If so, how do I specify the addresses and
     ports for the non-networked machine? If it is not possible, how can I
     accomplish the equivalent and keep the code differences at a minimum?

     Thanks in advance.

     Jerome