Thinking about a better UI

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Mon May 17 04:11:34 UTC 1999

http://www.object-arts.com/EducationCentre/Patterns/DoubleDispatch.htm

>And how do I look for
>streamContents, and where?

Start up Squeak.  Right-click (option-click) and select "open", and
then select "workspace."

Type the word "streamContents:" (including the colon)

Type Command-M -- this gives you a browser that will select two
implementors of the selector.

Type Command-N -- this gives you a browser that will select many
examples where the streamContents: message is sent.

If these are not sufficiently explanatory for you, you might want to
spend some time first learning the basics.  This is likely to be
gibberish until you are reasonably fluent with the collection
classes.  You might just browse through them, as they are reasonably
well-documented.  Several books are suggested in the squeak website:

	http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu

Please feel free to inquire via private e-mail if you require further pointers.