size of interp.c

Ian Trudel ian at monk.cgocable.ca
Fri May 7 05:33:45 UTC 1999

: -----Original Message-----
: From: Tim Rowledge [mailto:rowledge at interval.com]
: Sent: 7 mai, 1999 00:37
: To: Squeak mailinglist
: Subject: RE: size of interp.c
:
: On Thu 06 May, Ian Trudel wrote:
: > Tim, I'd like to try your "pluginise" stuff, but I cannot fileIn
: > vmreduce.cs. I have tried on virgin Squeak 2.3 under Windows NT
: 4.0 Server,
: > 80 Megs RAM, lot of HDD space and so. Please, find the Debug
: log attached to
: > this email. (Sorry, I can't figure out myself yet.. I am still
: experimenting
: > Squeak and doing some VM hawkin'. So, I'm Squeak newbie ;:)
: Congratulations on being brave enough to dig in so deeply despite being a
: self-acknowledged newbie. Exploration is what it's all about!

Thanks.

: The problem is that the filein was made from a 2.3 image plus
: updates up to
: #787 - and so when you get to a method for ADPCMCodec things go
: awry as the
: virgin 2.3 image has no such class; it was added in update #763.
:
: Try doing the filein one step at a time:-
: open a filelist, select vmreduce.cs
: choose 'browse changes' from the popup menu for the filename view
: from the screen menu, choose 'changes...' -> 'create new change set' and
: name it something like 'my-vmreduce' - this will now be the current
: changeset.
: back in the change file browser, pick the first method to do with
: ADPCMCodec and from the popup menu choose 'remove selections', then repeat
: this with the other three ADPCMCodec mthods (you can't select all of them
: and remove in one go because of a bug!)
: then choose 'select all' and 'filein selections' to filein everything
: except the ADPCMCodec stuff.

Yep, it's all good. That worked fine and I'm ready to dig into it. Thanks.

: You may well need to do similar stuff with any other file that might touch
: classes introduced in updates - but I'm sure you get the picture!

I see the picture, and I keep the tips for myself (oops, and all other
millions people reading this mailing list.. heheh ::)

: Good luck and thank you for shopping at Tim's Store of Wonderful Software
: :-)

Funny ;;)

Thanks for all,

Ian