[ENH] Desktop Menu

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Thu Nov 4 07:47:35 UTC 1999

--============_-1270420839==_============

G'day all

Working recently with a number of large morphs open at the same time, I got
frustrated with the difficulty in handling them, and created this little
changeset to overcome the problem.

It creates a menu (press shift-cntrl and press a mouse button) which shows
the top level morphs in the world, and allows you to shuffle, delete,
collapse or hide them.

(A bit like the application menu on the Mac)

This leads me to a question - windows have some very handy features, like
collapse and expand and the way in which the focus is changed, which are a
great help when using the system.  Morphs don't have those features, or
have them in a less accessible way (like through halos).

Is the aim in Squeak to eventually move most of the morphs in
'applications' like Tetris/FreeCell etc into SystemWindows, or will people
be using a system where there are lots of 'naked' morphs on the desktop?

Do people prefer working in SystemWindows, or using Halo and 'naked'
morphs? Or is there a third option?

Does SC have a preference?

:)
Russell

0,783,2,4301,0,

           Russell Allen
    russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com

"No Sane man will dance. "
       - Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. "
       - Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961)