Teaching Children Programming

Tom Ayerst tom at lynch-fm.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 11:27:22 UTC 1999

John.Maloney at disney.com wrote:

<interesting background snipped>

> Is this a research interest, or do you know some kids
> that you want to turn on to programming?
>
>         -- John

I have some kids that I want to introduce to programming, we are playing
with logo a little at the moment.   Logo is fine but I like smalltalk more
and I would like to introduce them to it one day.

I don't need this right now but the eldest is being introduced to
computers at school now and I don't want her to just categorize herself as
a *user*.

Rgds.

Tom

--
"It's not what you don't know that kills you, ... it's what you know that
ain't so." - Mr Thompkins