Squeak Socket Primitives

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Fri Nov 12 15:07:55 UTC 1999

Henrik:

Thanks for the information!

>From what you say, we need two different ports of the Squeak
VM, one for Server OS X (based on the BSD socket API), and
one for the Mac OS (based on the Carbon API's).

Re: I suggest a Squeak port to OS X is begun as soon as possible :-)

I guess you saw Marcel's post:

  Just a reminder that a Squeak port to MacOS-X-Server exists and can
  be downloaded at: http://www.metaobject.com/downloads/Squeak/

We'll still need a Squeak that runs under Mac OS API's. That
one will have to use the OpenTransport API for sockets. There
are a few other things that need to get migrated to Carbon,
but that's the biggie. I'll do this work, but advice and help
is welcome.

When will things like iMacs and Powerbooks ship with OS X inside?

	-- John