running headless on Unix

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Fri Nov 12 13:42:55 UTC 1999

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi Ian and Georg--
> 	What's the current preparation procedure for running a fresh
> Squeak image headless on Unix? I couldn't quite find the right thing on
> the Net just now.

You need a headless VM - make one via "make headless" (2.6).

AFAIK there is no Unix VM yet that can be run both headless and with a
window connection. With Dave's VM process changes it should be fairly
straight forward to make one that provides a "-headless" option (as the
Windows VM does).

  -Bert-