A Proposal for Project Layers

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Tue Nov 16 04:06:57 UTC 1999

[I won't have time to really go over the proposal until the morning bus
commute tomorrow, so my apologies if my question has an obvious answer.]

So, it looks to me like we'll be able to *include* all the things we'd like
in Project Layers, but how facile will they be with *excluding* stuff. at
the ultimate extreme i really would like to be able to create a Project
with *nothing* in it. No Object. No Collections. Nothing. I would, of
course, still like to be able to use the standard tools (browsers,
filelists, workspaces) in the totally empty project.

A not-so-extreme (yet still rough, i would imagine) example would be if i
wanted to completely rearchitect the Collection hierarchy. could i have a
Browser that uses the standard collection classes open in a Project that
has *excluded* (blocked, hidden) the the standard collection classes?

david

--
David Farber
dfarber at numenor.com