Squeak IRC client.

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 24 00:40:00 UTC 1999

Daniel Allan Joyce <daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> 	I've noticed that the Squeak IRC client has undergone few changes
since
> it's inception.
>
> 	I've already fixed a few bugs, and plan to clean it up/ enhance it.

Feel free to do it and post your stuff.  Considering how quiet it is
here lately, I don't think you'll be duplicating anyone's effort :)

Squeak Central is the ultimate maintainer for everything in the main
image....  As a comment to the list in general, let's keep in mind that
even if they don't have time or whatever to integrate something you
post, you can certainly maintain your thing as a separate project.  (*)
It's not like Squeak projects not in the main image are in any way
inferior to those that are; Squeak Central is trying to build up an
image for a certain set of goals, and their goals and yours simply won't
always be compatible.

Lex

(*) Excepting, of course, projects that fundamentally DO have to be
accepted to make sense.  For example, a package maintenance system is
silly to maintain if everyone releases their stuff using a different
package maintenance system.  But an IRC client could certainly be
independently maintained.